Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Fun Summer Weekend in January

Well I can definitely say that we have been blessed with a beautiful warm weekend in what should be the middle of the cold winter. We have taken advantage of the beautiful weather and have spent lots of time outside. 

Friday afternoon when Saylor and I got home we played with the bubbles outside on the driveway. Later, that night we had our good friends from church come over with their kids and ate pizza and just hung out. We had a great time but I'm kicking myself because I didn't take any pictures. I keep having to remind myself that I need to do that for my blog.
My cute girl Saturday morning.

Saturday, Saylor was invited to Hunter's birthday party. Hunter is Saylor's friend at Giggles (her babysitter). So, they spend lots of time together. Saylor had a great time jumping on Hunter's new trampoline and I'll be willing to bet that Saylor will be getting a trampoline in the future.






 Saturday afternoon we went over to our friend Jennifer's house and Saylor played with her friends Haven and Pierce. We had a great time and guess who else had a trampoline - Haven. We also played on Haven's new swing set and we got to ride her mule (its not an animal its more like an ATV). Haven has lots of animals and Saylor loves to play their. The mommies had lots of fun while we were there, too. :)



 Sunday morning we went to church. Saylor was in a really great mood this morning.  This is a funny story from this morning.While I was drying my hair I had to keep stopping to look for Saylor. One time I could see her head in the living room and I thought to myself she is being so good she is just reading her books. When I came back a minute later she had all of the tissues pulled out of Eric's NEW tissue box. So, no she wasn't being good reading she was being good pulling out the tissues. It cracked me up.

See all the tissues there are lots more on the couch.


After church we decided to head to the beach with Betsy, Henry, Stone and our friends Belinda, Bryce, and Grace. We had a great time. The water was very cold (we stuck our toes in) so we spent our time playing in the sand, running around, chasing the birds, and watching the dogs and people. Bryce was great entertainment too - he cracked us up, he is the funniest little boy.  Look closely at the following pictures.

This is Bryce dropping his cookie.

This is Bryce eating his cookie after he dropped it in the sand.  He didn't care he said it was one good cookie. I wish you could see how sandy his mouth and hand are - it was hilarious. Of course his Mommy took his yucky cookie quickly and gave him another one.
This is Bryce wanting to roll in the sand - oh he has so many of  his daddy's character traits. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment