Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Happy 95th Birthday, Grandma!

Last night I was so exhausted, I guess the adjustment of going back to work,  going to bed at midnight and getting up at 6:00 had caught up with me. I was in the bed at 9:15 before Saylor although once she heard mama was going to bed she was right there with me. So, needless to say I didn't get this posted last night. 




Yesterday, was a great day we celebrated my Grandma's 95th birthday. I think about all the things she has lived through and seen in her lifetime - the great depression, bombing of Pearl Harbor, multiple wars, space race, Berlin Wall, presidential assassinations, Sept.11th, the beginnings of advancements of things like radio, tv, computers and the countless other things I haven't mentioned. In addition to the worldly events she was the oldest of 15 children, moved all over Georgia and South Carolina as she grew up, was engaged once and broke it off to date my grandfather, married, had 5 children, raised children alone as my grandfather was in World War 2, helped raise countless nieces, nephews, grandchildren, buried a daughter, husband, and many other family members. The main thing I think about when I think of my grandma is how much she loved and loves her family and God. She is the Godliest woman I know and her devotion to Christ throughout her life is truly and inspiration. 
Happy Birthday Grandma - We Love You!





1 comment:

  1. Amen! She is and always has been a wonderful Aunt. I love her to the moon and back!

    ReplyDelete