Friday, January 4, 2013

Doctor Day

I'm running a day behind but yesterday we spent our day visiting doctors. First, Saylor had her 18 month well baby checkup. I was glad to finally get her to this appointment because we had already canceled one time because she was a sick baby instead of a well baby.  At our appt. we learned that Saylor is still very tall for her age she is 33.8 inches tall and weighs 26 pounds.  Saylor was wearing boots yesterday so I think she only weighs 25 pounds (this is what she weighed a week ago). Anyways, that puts her 91% for height and 68% for weight.  She's definitely not getting her height from me. I think she will be my height when she is 8.

I also found out at the appointment that I'm letting Saylor control me when it comes to her eating habits (yes I'm a pushover I admit it). Saylor's eating habits are not awful but they could be better she does hate to try new things (she tried chicken nuggets after we left the doctors, it was almost like she understood what Dr. Behm was saying, eerie).  We also learned that Saylor has an astonishing vocabulary for a child her age. The doctor says that they want kids her age to know 20 words. I lie not Saylor knows at least 100 words. Ok, I will stop bragging about my baby girl but check out her boots because they are precious and she rocks them.

The second part of our day was spent at the ENT's office where we decided it was best for my Saylor bug to get tubes. She will be getting tubes on January 17th and I would appreciate prayers that this would be a smooth operation for her and the tubes would be successful in alleviating her many ear infections. We were at this appointment for 2 hours and Saylor was so good. She had to take a  hearing test and have the doctor look at her ears and throat and I was so proud of how well she tolerated everything.

I ended the day with an outing to Bonefish and Cold Stone with my former bookclub friends. They are all still my friends but now most of us all have kids so we are to busy to read the books so we are now the get together once a month club.

I'm truly thankful for my friends.
I'm also thankfu to the doctors that tended to Saylor today. God's gift of intelligence to the men and women who work in the medical field amazes me and I'm thankful for power of medicine and its ability to make our lives better.


4 comments:

  1. Love the boots. I pray the tubes work and give Saylor a break from antibiotics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the boots too! I pray that the tubes will help Saylor get rid of those nasty ear infections! Since we are going through the same "tube process" with Easton maybe we can lean on each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Lil' Bug is so smart and we are very proud of her. I love her boots and I love boots.(She got this from me). I'll be praying for the tubes to work and that the surgery is scheduled for very early in the morning. Love you all! :)

    ReplyDelete