Thursday, January 10, 2013

Tantrums and Pure Sweetness

Well we are full force into terrible twos and tantrums. Yesterday and the day before Saylor had a total of 3 tantrums (I guess I should be happy it was only 3). Tuesday,we had one at the dollar store, it began because Saylor didn't want to ride in the buggy. She was doing everything she could for me to not get her legs in the buggy but I prevailed but not without screaming and tears (from Saylor). After calming down she proceeded to put on my sunglasses and look adorable.


Wednesday, we played with our friends after school and had a great time. We went to the park down the street to slide, run in the yard with Leona and Eli, and have a fun time. We then proceeded to go home which is where tantrum 2 took place. Saylor wasn't upset she had to leave her friends (which would be when I would expect a tantrum). No, she throws a tantrum because I won't let her push her car and run off where she wants to and therefore I have make her ride in her car. Again, she bucks up and will not let me strap her in. I pull her out of the car and make her sit on the side of the road in time ou t(I'm thinking to myself the whole time I have to win this battle how am I going to get her in the seat). She sits in time out just like she is suppose to but then when I try to put her in the car again she bucks up and throws a fit again. However, this time I prevail and I get her buckled in and she decides riding in her car is ok as we walk home.

Tantrum 3 takes place when we get home. Saylor sees her friend Lilly outside of her Grandma's and we walk down to visit. Lilly has a baby stroller that Saylor wants to push. That is perfectly fine until Saylor decides she wants to push the stroller all the way down the driveway into the road. When I proceed to make Saylor turn around she starts throwing a fit once again. Needless, to say I was embarrassed and had to carry Saylor home.

Once home Saylor knows that I'm upset with her and is sweet as pie to me. We go to church where she accidentally dumps my dinner plate on me. Needless, to say I was exhausted by the end of Wednesday and simply ready for the day to be over and then Saylor and her Daddy do funny things like put bath toys on their head to make me laugh.

Today, I can report that Saylor has been super sweet and we've not had any tantrums or melt downs. I can only hope for the same thing tomorrow. 

Happy Friday Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. She's a smart little girl and she is asserting her independece! You'll look back at these times and laugh! :)

    Mrs. Lori

    ReplyDelete